Re: Why doesn't iter_swap use swap?

Martin Sebor wrote:

The "new" iter_swap will also not work in cases where the two
iterators' value_types are distinct types:

    int i;
    double d;
    std::iter_swap (&i, &d);

Thanks Martin for pointing out this: I had briefly considered this "difficulty"
in the resolution, but unfortunately got distracted by other issues and couldn't
really spell it out.

I would like to see the standard changed to either explicitly
require that iter_swap's iterators' value_types be identical
or the resolution of issue 187 reverted/changed so as not to
force this new requirement.

Personally, I agree, but don't know which is the correct procedure in such cases,
that is when the DR is in the WP status?!? Is it still possible for the committee
to change the resolution or another DR must be opened??

Thanks,