This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: PATCH: V3 support for arm-none-symbianelf
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: mark at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 02 Aug 2004 22:48:40 +0200
- Subject: Re: PATCH: V3 support for arm-none-symbianelf
- Organization: Integrable Solutions
- References: <200408022031.i72KVvQZ019797@sirius.codesourcery.com>
Mark Mitchell <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
| ! #if _GLIBCXX_HOSTED
| ! using std::free;
| ! #else
| ! // In a freestanding environment, "free" may not be available. In
| ! // that case, it may make sense not to define "operator delete" at
| ! // all. For now, we assume that "free" will work.
I do not understand this comment. operator delete is required,
freestanding or not. So, I do not understand the bits saying it may
make sense not to define "operator delete". Could you clarify?
| ! extern "C" void free(void *);
| ! #endif