Re: libstdc++ debugging, was:Re: Heads up: Several thousand g++ andlibstdc++ test failures on sparc[64]

Pétur Runólfsson wrote:

Andreas Tobler wrote:

Have you seen this?
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2003-10/msg00432.html

Btw, have you seen --disable-nls in his configury.

It probably has something to do with this: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/libstdc++/2003-10/msg00150.html

I revert and test again. This seems strange to me.

Revert the removed else leads to the previous result. FAIL of all testcases.

Yes, this seems consistent with the latest gcc-testresults:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2003-10/msg00446.html
The g++ testsuite has been fixed, because the locale
initialization is never run, but the libstdc++ testcases still
fail.

I think option 2) is the most reasonable.

Ok, then I'd really like to hear a statement from Benjamin or any other responsible.
I could prepare a patch in your name (Pétur)? And post/commit it if approved.

Btw2, I don't have any unexpected failures on sol9 (32/64)!!! Thanks to Paolo I guess :)

Andreas