This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: [libstdc++ PATCH] Specializations of std::char_traits
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: Matt Austern <austern at apple dot com>
- Cc: "B. Kosnik" <bkoz at nabi dot net>, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 25 Jul 2003 09:50:49 +0200
- Subject: Re: [libstdc++ PATCH] Specializations of std::char_traits
- Organization: Integrable Solutions
- References: <61A5FC98-BE2B-11D7-B06E-000393B2ABA2@apple.com>
Matt Austern <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
| The goal of this patch, again, is to allow users to write things like
| std::basic_string<long>. The C++ standard doesn't guarantee that this
| is possible, but it works on many systems and some users rely on it.
| I've testing this on mainline. I don't have strong opinions about
| whether it ought to go on the 3.3 branch as well.
| OK to commit?
It is OK for mainline.