I was wondering if the following is possible:

Test program A written in GCC-2.95.3 dynamically loads shared library B written in GCC-3.2.2 and calls into it using only C-linkage (my understanding is that this is ok as long as it is C and not C++ linkage).

Both the test program and the shared library dynamically load libstdc++ (a .so file) to use C++ STL library, etc., but they are different versions of the library (one was installed with GCC 2.95.3 and the other was installed with GCC-3.2.2).

I seem to get a warning about this when building the executable and the program crashes as well.

I would like to know if this is possible to do and if so are there special make file flags, environment variables, etc. that need to be set.

I am building/running the program on Solaris 2.7.

All help is much appreciated.

Regards,
Samir Rajguru

--