This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: threadsafe allocator where each thread keeps its own free list,
- From: Phil Edwards <phil at jaj dot com>
- To: Abhi <abhi at qualcomm dot com>
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 17:19:03 -0400
- Subject: Re: threadsafe allocator where each thread keeps its own free list,
- References: <4063747312.1058365000@ASACHDEV.na.qualcomm.com>
On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 02:16:40PM -0700, Abhi wrote:
> Not sure, if this is the right forum for such queries!
> Please point/redirect me to the right place if not.
This is the right place.
> I am trying to find a threadsafe allocator where each thread keeps its own
> free list, so that no locking is needed, but there seems to be no
3.4 has one. The one in 3.3 has bitrotted and isn't really supported.
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater
than the animating contest for freedom, go home and leave us in peace. We seek
not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you;
and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams