This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: [libstdc++ PATCH] libstdc++ debug mode
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- To: Doug Gregor <dgregor at apple dot com>
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 10:58:46 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [libstdc++ PATCH] libstdc++ debug mode
- References: <E608DE1C-B656-11D7-9E1F-00039354D67A@apple.com>
On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Doug Gregor wrote:
> 2) A negative testsuite that exercises the various erroneous uses of
> the standard library that this patch will find. I'll provide this as a
> separate patch in the near future.
That sounds interesting.
If/when this is accepted, would you mind providing an entry for
htdocs/gcc-3.4/changes.html (in the wwwdocs module) which is where
http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-3.4/changes.html comes from?
Also, if/when this is in, this looks like something which should get
an announcement on the main page and a page under news/ describing it,
so that someone not closely following GCC or reading the sources gets
an idea of what it accomplishes. (It's nice having such a powerful
feature, so I think we ought to do marketing for it. ;-) )
> Tested on i686-pc-linux-gnu and powerpc-apple-darwin; no regressions on
> either platform in normal (release) mode or debug mode. ChangeLog
Have a also tested it with -Wcast-qual? There was some breakage in that
area recently (not your fault <g>), that's why I'm asking...
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry) firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/