Re: [libstdc++ patch] Fix basic_string::_S_construct null pointercheck

Phil Edwards wrote:

I have a feeling these will come in handy in other files, but I can't
think of a better place to put them right now.  In the meantime:

2)  Please name the function __is_null_pointer or __null_pointer_p
   or something like that, to make it clear this is a predicate function.
   Reading the code where it was used made me think at first that the
   function creates and returns a null pointer.

3)  This should go in __gnu_cxx, not std.  Actually, this should go in
   our internal-details namespace, but we haven't invented that name yet.

... modulo Phil's comments of course!