This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: [Patch] Fix libstdc++/11378 (take2) + xsputn optmizations
- From: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at unitus dot it>
- To: Pétur Runólfsson <peturr02 at ru dot is>
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org, bkoz <bkoz at redhat dot com>, Nathan Myers <ncm-nospam at cantrip dot org>
- Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 14:04:38 +0200
- Subject: Re: [Patch] Fix libstdc++/11378 (take2) + xsputn optmizations
- References: <07D05A69A3D0C14FAEA60C3ACE8E5564028F5588@nike.hir.is>
Pétur Runólfsson wrote:
Well, if we all agree, it's easy to do this change, in fact the final
code is *much* simpler.
It seems to me that __limit should always be set to _M_buf_size - 1,
that way the number of write calls is minimized (IIRC this is what
However, I'd like to wait for Nathan's opinion. Some time ago he
suggested a general scheme like that I have implemented above (to be
fine tuned, of course).