Re: namespace issues with old C headers

On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 11:45:23AM -0500, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

> >Failure to include <assert.h> when using assert() has broken dozens
> >of nightly builds in our group.  It would be nice to have some
> >solution for issues like this
>
> Joe, if you can fix this please do. If not, just file a GNATS report
> about it and somebody will eventually get to it.

It turns out that, for my example program that only includes <iostream>
and winds up with an assert() definition, the problem is already fixed
in 3.3 and the trunk!  This one has plagued me forever (I use gcc for
development and find that by programs often don't compile with Sun's
or HP's compilers), so I'm quite happy.

I'll look for any other cases of <assert.h> or <cassert>.  There are
other ones that are likely to be more difficult to fix (e.g. one STL
header including another),