Re: [Patch] Fix libstdc++/9533

Nathan Myers wrote:

Almost anything. This is good, because now we don't need the block() and no_block() functions; it all goes in showmanyc().
showmanyc() is supposed to tell all it can find out about how
many bytes are really there, not just how many it has buffered
or will buffer, but it shouldn't take too long about it.

... on the other hand, a _very_ nice thing of this approach is
that in one shot we could fix also the long standing QoI issue
libstdc++/7744 (in_avail always returning zero for cin).