Re: New demangler in C++

> %nm libgcc_s.so.1 | grep __cxa
>          w __cxa_finalize@@GLIBC_2.1.3

When Alex first wrote this code, it was incorporated into the library.
Then, the FSF refused to license the demangler under terms that
permitted that, so we removed it.  They then agreed to license the
demangler under terms that would permit that, but the code never went
back into the library.

The key point is that there are several thousand lines of code in there
that do exactly the same stuff as the new code in demangle.h.

> Is this correct? If so, you'll find exactly one --format=gnu-v3 test.
> That was incredibly unnerving to discover. I did include this test in
> the libstdc++ __cxa_demangle testsuite:
>
> testsuite/demangle/regression/old.cc

So, we've now duplicated that test.  And the old demangler (the one that
will be used in binutils and GDB for the forseeable future) is not
benefiting from the new tests.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC