This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: Pool allocators, the Next Generation
- From: Loren James Rittle <rittle at latour dot rsch dot comm dot mot dot com>
- To: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: phil at jaj dot com
- Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 02:16:50 -0600 (CST)
- Subject: Re: Pool allocators, the Next Generation
- Organization: Networks and Infrastructure Lab (IL02/2240), Motorola Labs
- References: <20030220193831.GA11586@disaster.jaj.com>
In article <20030225074841 dot GA7252 at disaster dot jaj dot com> Phil writes:
> A brief progress report: One experimental version is done and working.
> It maintains parity in the current allocator settings, and allows us to
> delete pthread_allocimpl.h entirely. A new typedef, __gthread_alloc, sits
> alongside __alloc and __single_client_alloc, with all the major features of
> pthread_alloc and the added bonus that it follows the --enable-threads=xxx
[Glossing over the noted downside.] Excellent news!