Re: [RFC] libstdc++/9817 or "passing C++ strings to C functions"

Pétur Runólfsson wrote:

Paolo Carlini wrote:

Isn't it possible to use the same strategy? That is break the
string into chunks separated by \0, then transform each chunk
with strxfrm (again, untested code):

Interesting.
Do you believe that proceeding in this way the corresponding
results are always consistent?
I mean, collate::transform and then plain string compare always
give the same result of collate::compare?

Yes, I think I can give a formal proof of this if anybody is
interested (hint: split each string x into zero-terminated
substrings x1, x2, ... xn, then consider the results for each
substring xi), but I would like to at least compile this before
giving a definite answer :-)

Great! Please go ahead.
I'm changing the responsible from Paolo Carlini to "nobody" (i.e., *you* ;)

Look forward to see your complete patch.

Thanks,