Re: [RFC] libstdc++/9817 or "passing C++ strings to C functions"

Pétur Runólfsson wrote:

Paolo Carlini wrote:

However, I have a major concern: what about the similar issue we have with
collate::transform? collate::compare and collate::transform should be fixed in a
similar way, not only for general consistency sake, but also because they must
be able to work together.

Isn't it possible to use the same strategy? That is break the
string into chunks separated by \0, then transform each chunk
with strxfrm (again, untested code):

Interesting.
Do you believe that proceeding in this way the corresponding
results are always consistent?
I mean, collate::transform and then plain string compare always
give the same result of collate::compare?

If this is the case, you approach should be preferred.