Re: [v3] libstdc++/9582

Phil Edwards wrote:

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 09:35:27PM +0100, Paolo Carlini wrote:

Should __debug_alloc<> (which contains the same ODR violation) be
documented and changed to unconditionally abort() when a size mismatch
is detected?  This way we can remove the <cassert> inclusion entirely.

I agree completely! Do you want me to prepare a patch?

So do I, and yes please, respectively.  We might even consider printing
out some diagnostics before aborting -- it's debug_alloc, after all, we
don't care if it's slow or brings in extra code.  But that's probably a
project for another day.

Phil, are you willing to work on it? I'm _so_ busy working on those nasty
stringbuf issues and removing completely the last <cassert> while improving
the diagnostics for the debug alloc seems really a nice improvement!

Thanks in advance,