Re: [v3] libstdc++/9582

Loren James Rittle wrote:

Thanks Paolo, that was my comment and my particular assert().

Ouch! ;-)

 The PR
raised an interesting QoI point: "I think that the contents of
standard headers (other than cassert) should not depend on the macro
NDEBUG, and cassert should not be included by other standard headers."

Should __debug_alloc<> (which contains the same ODR violation) be
documented and changed to unconditionally abort() when a size mismatch
is detected?  This way we can remove the <cassert> inclusion entirely.

I agree completely! Do you want me to prepare a patch?