Re: streambuf performance 200x

Nathan Myers wrote:

My reading of D.7.* is that freezing the buffer does not cause sputc calls to fail in any case. I think all the text describing
streambuf derivatives was composed carefully on the assumption
that sputc must be implementable as described above.
What about D.7.1, p2, bullet 4:

    frozen, set when the program has requested that the array object
    not be altered, reallocated, or freed.

Despite this, though, the Classic Iostream implementation on both
HP-UX and SunOS allows frozen buffers to be altered via calls to
sputc(). Is the text in D.7.1, p2 wrong or am I missing something?

Martin