Re: [Patch] Fix libstdc++/9659

Nathan Myers wrote:

This looks to me like a grave compiler bug. It should be fixed in the compiler, not in the library. In particular we shouldn't release any
new compiler version that has this bug.

Hi Nathan. Thanks for you reply. And I'm particularly pleased since, as you know, I'm the author of that line which is giving us troubles ;) ... Indeed, naively, seems weird that, being operator+ defined inside fpos besides operator+=, an user of pos_type cannot use that syntax.

Could you please explain in a little more techincal detail what seems wrong with the compiler?

Afterwards, we may possibly apply the temporary hack and, at the same time, file an high-priority PR for the compiler.

Thanks, Paolo.