This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: gcc 2.95.4 MT related crashes in basic_string class
- From: Phil Edwards <phil at jaj dot com>
- To: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 14:11:39 -0500
- Subject: Re: gcc 2.95.4 MT related crashes in basic_string class
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 12:58:25PM -0600, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
> If I had a dime for every time this question was asked, even though it's
> on the FAQ, or for every time some person tried to get 2.90.8 up on
> gcc-2.x and failed, or for every time some huge MT app in some
> impossible-to-reproduce, crazy hardware situation telecom/financial
> testing lab failed due to v2 MT string issues but passed with v3......
> ... there would be free empanadas and bordeaux for everybody.
"there would be free- what the..."
Oh. Sweet. I should try making those.
I would therefore like to posit that computing's central challenge, viz. "How
not to make a mess of it," has /not/ been met.
- Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002