This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: gcc 2.95.4 MT related crashes in basic_string class
- From: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- To: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- Cc: kgardas at objectsecurity dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org, ras at objectsecurity dot com
- Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 12:58:25 -0600
- Subject: Re: gcc 2.95.4 MT related crashes in basic_string class
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com><firstname.lastname@example.org>
> the C++ runtime support that shipped with GCC-2.95.x (epecially the
>string implementation) is known not to work in multi-threading
>environment. GCC-3.x is much much better (even if the front-end is
If I had a dime for every time this question was asked, even though it's
on the FAQ, or for every time some person tried to get 2.90.8 up on
gcc-2.x and failed, or for every time some huge MT app in some
impossible-to-reproduce, crazy hardware situation telecom/financial
testing lab failed due to v2 MT string issues but passed with v3......
... there would be free empanadas and bordeaux for everybody.