This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
RE: [PATCH] codecvt<wchar_t, char, mbstate_t>
- From: Pétur Runólfsson <peturr02 at ru dot is>
- To: "Benjamin Kosnik" <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 12:55:48 -0000
- Subject: RE: [PATCH] codecvt<wchar_t, char, mbstate_t>
> > Perhaps we need to scan the list of installed locales to find
> > something with the needed charset (these tests only depend on
> > the charset used by the locale, the language doesn't matter).
> The codecvt testsuite can then use:
> locale loc (create_locale_from_charset("ISO-8859-15"));
> instead of
> locale loc ("en_US.ISO-8859-15");
I found out that this isn't such a great idea after all: If a
test fails, it can be almost impossible to find out why since
it is not known what locale was used. It is better to hardcode
the locale name (using only locales from the official list)
and then generate a log message that includes the name of the
locale if it isn't installed.