Re: Allocator performance testing

Loren pretty much said it all, and is more expert in this area than I,
but I'll just say this looks pretty promising, and am interested in this
__mt_alloc. Have you looked at libhoard? This sounds somewhat similar.

Additions to the allocator options are always welcome. Other options
that would also be welcome are garbage-collecting allocators and
persistent allocators.

You might also be interested in the email thread (you'll have to search
for it) where gcc-3 switched back to the __pool_alloc from
__malloc_alloc: Loren had some numbers and MT STL test cases for that
switch. I think it happened between 3.0.x and 3.1.x, but it might have
been earlier.

best,
benjamin