This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: [3.3/3.4] Recent bootstrap failure on irix6.5
- From: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- To: "Billinghurst, David (CRTS)" <David dot Billinghurst at riotinto dot com>
- Cc: David dot Billinghurst at riotinto dot com, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 18:17:23 -0600
- Subject: Re: [3.3/3.4] Recent bootstrap failure on irix6.5
- References: <FAC87D7C874EAB46A847604DA4FD5A64034837@crtsmail.corp.riotinto.org>
>Just remembered we did an OS upgrade yesterday to Irix6.5.18 (from 6.5.8).
>We now have /usr/include/wchar.h amd friends. Looks like a useful path
Huh. Very interesting. Well, the GLIBCPP_CHECK_WCHAR_T_SUPPORT in
acinclude.m4 will probably have to be tweaked.
Interestingly, vfwscanf, wcstof etc from your first message are checked
for in this macro, so perhaps the problem is that the configure checks
are being done with different macros defined than when the library is
compiled? (ie, something in os_defines.h?) You might need to figure out
how this functionality is macro guarded in the Irix headers.
Hmmm. I'll work with you on this, but it might be a bit hairy as this is
the first non-linux host to have wchar_t stuff enabled. There are sure
to be bumps in the road ahead...