Re: [RFC] PR libstdc++/9548 vs DR 231 (Ready)

>It would be easy to fix the specific bug, but I noted DR 231, in the
>Ready state, which is exactly about 22.2.2.2.2 p11. In my understanding
>we agreed that, in general, Ready DRs should be implemented ASAP and
>implementing DR 231, in fact, seems quite easy too.
>
>However, in these specific circumstances, I'm a bit worried since the
>output of float numbers in many different formats is going to change: a
>big impact on the behaviour of _many_ programs!

I think the current behavior is wrong, sadly. I believe the arguments
advanced in this DR are well-formed. We should match "C" behavior.

Since precision is 6 by default, this behavior will only be triggered by
those who explicitly set precision to zero. I think that's reasonable.

>Do we all agree that implementing DR 231 is the best thing to do?

I really think this should be done.

-benjamin