Re: How to get file name(with path from fstream object)

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 10:56:30PM +0530, Ajay Bansal wrote:

> I have a fstream object for which I need the file name & path of the
> file. i.e. file name which was used to create the fstream object. How to
> get the file name(with path) for that fstream object ????

(This question isn't about the development of libstdc++-v3 and so is
inappropriate here. A newsgroup such as comp.lang.c++ might be more
appropriate)

There is no standard way to do this. You might be able to do it with
a derived filebuf that stores the filename given to open().

jon

	- David Hume