Re: shared libraries & exceptions

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 15:11:51 -0800
Nathan Myers <ncm-nospam@cantrip.org> wrote:

>Still, people often want to call exported C functions in C++ libraries
>from (what are nominally) C programs.  Is there any supported way to
>explicitly initialize the g++ runtime machinery, in gcc-2 and/or in
>gcc-3, e.g. by calling some reserved identifier at library-load time?
>(I wouldn't expect the solution to be the same for gcc-2 and gcc-3.)

You're a little vague on the exact problem description, or what you are
trying to do.

However, if you are talking about catching/throwing exceptions across
shared libraries, you should look for David A's post on either this list
or the gcc list about this very issue. It gives current status.

I believe there is also a GNATS report. You might look there.

best,
benjamin