Re: gcc 3.3 garbage collector defaults

On Monday, January 27, 2003, at 02:03 PM, Neil Booth wrote:

Zack Weinberg wrote:-

Why aren't the defaults sane???
I imagine they were sane for when they were introduced, and have never
been reexamined since?
Let's not get carried away, though, and compare post-GC-fudge
performance to pre-GC-fudge performance and claim we're doing better.
That's an important point. Do we believe that this regression is because
the gc defaults have changed? (Not a rhetorical question: I haven't seen
evidence one way or the other.) If yes, then this is a fix. If not, then it's a
useful change but there's still a regression that we need to identify.

--Matt