TODO, made current

Some thoughts on development priorities. The listed ones are my
priorites, but not in order. I'm curious to see other issues or comments.

build/make

  update to current release autotools.
  autoconf 2.57
  automake 1.7

  fix issues with 32/64 multilibs, solaris, GNATS

test

  figure out a (better) way to organize testsuite for conditional
  testing. In particular, C99, variable locale models, and variable
  wchar_t support need addressing.

  add 21_string basic_string<wchar_t> tests

  add 27_io wchar_t tests

  add performance/code size/compilation time information. we have to
  start trackign this stuff.

  beef up the MT testsuite

include

  get glibc-2.3 std/c99 namespaces working under linux for "C" compat

documentation

  all of locale needs coherent docs

io

  wchar_t fixups

  variable encoding work

  performance increases, at least getting v3 back up to v2 speeds

locale

  icu integration as ext facets? ways of integrating xerces into locales.

  solaris named facets work (unresolved, lack of current sun hardware issues)

  generic named facets work

compiler-side, other tools:

  PCH, using it by default with C++ standard includes

  debugging opts (DWARF2 dups, DWARF2 unused)

  debugging improvements

-benjamin