Re: basic-improvements merge status

--On Monday, December 16, 2002 11:50:51 PM +0100 Jan Hubicka <jh@suse.cz> wrote:

Jan> As I've mentined I am handling this with the other patch that
disables Jan> the transfomration for C90 until we decide how to detect
such systems. Jan> On C99 and C++ it is always valid as runtime is
required to have it (and Jan> thats why libstdc++ does it).  I hope
Richard will have time to take a Jan> look on these patches soon.

	Would you please include a pointer to the patch?  I have been
browsing your patches and cannot find one that fixes this problem.
I agree with Neil -- this isn't the right fix.  As he says, the C99
switch indicates that the source is C99 source; we should't make any
assumptions about the target library based on that.

Please revert, or at least disable, your change until we can figure out
how to do the configury bits.  (One possibility is explicitly flags in
the tm.h file.)