Re: compiler-defined __PEDANTIC__ macro

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 11:58:20AM -0800, Nathan Myers wrote:

> Clearly somebody was confused.  It's one thing to reject a feature
> whose only or main purpose is to enable bad code (declaring our

Like I said, I'm not the one you have to convince.  I would like to
see more built-in macros providing information to the user/program
about the compilation environment, but I don't get to make that call.
The gcc@gcc.gnu.org list is down the hall and to the left; they may listen
longer if you provide a patch (gcc/c-common.c is where those macros lived
the last time I looked).

                                                 - Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002