Re: [RFC] libstdc++/8780

Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:

The submitter is confused. I would like to see the exact wording from
those paragraphs that may imply that a vector<>::iterator ought to be
a pointer.

| This seems to me non at all obvious! It is just a QoI issue?
| (in few other widespread implementations iterator *is* just a pointer)

This is a QoI. I would expect a decent implementation to distinguish
a vector<>::iterator from a plain pointer.
| Much more generally, I'm interested in knowing why the implementation
| of iterator was changed in such a way in the transition between v2 and v3.

Thanks Gaby for your feedback. I have changed the status to <feedback>,
adding to the audit trial your comments.

Ciao, Paolo.