Re: conflict between libstdc++ nan and c99/builtin nan functions

 > From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr@integrable-solutions.net>
 >
 > "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu> writes:
 >
 > | I'm getting this warning (several times) when building libstdc++-v3:
 > |
 > |  > libstdc++-v3/libmath/mathconf.h:84: warning: conflicting types for
 > |  > built-in function `nan'
 > |
 > | mathconf.h contains:
 > |
 > |  > #ifndef NAN
 > |  > # define NAN (nan())
 > |  > double nan (void);
 > |  > #endif
 >
 > Now that we have built-in NaNs (thanks rth!), this hackery should just
 > go away.
 >
 > [...]
 >
 > | My question is whether libstdc++-v3 needs to provide `nan' as an
 > | exportable function or whether it just needs it internally.
 >
 > It just used it internally (I can't recall for what exactly)
 >
 > |  If it's
 > | just internally, perhaps I can change the NAN macro to just call
 > | __builtin_nan(""), otherwise I'll correct the definition in nan.c.
 >
 > Well, the NAN thingy should be removed.

Yes, checking further it appears the NAN macro was only used
internally in a bunch of files that were removed (by you) in Dec 2000.

And the nan function provided by libstdc++-v3 appears to only be there
to support the NAN macro.  So I'll submit a patch to zap both after I
test it.

		Thanks,
		--Kaveh
--