This is the mail archive of the
libstdc++@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: RFC --enable-debugging
"B. Kosnik" <bkoz@nabi.net> writes:
| >Perhaps there is a need for a new option that explicitly says "look
| >for debugging libraries" that is independent from the selection of
| >debugging symbols? This is what I would really prefer, I think.
| >Perhaps -glib? Or -gc++?
|
| A ha! Something like threads and -pthread, only for debugging. Say, -debug.
As said in another message, that is a better alternative. However
-debug would clash with GCC current -d flags I think.
| It's of more general use than just libstdc++. Once we figure out what we
| want to do for libstdc++ perhaps we could do an RFC on the gcc list to
| see what other people think, and if it would be useful to other
| libraries as well.
100% agreed. We would have to find a less risky spelling fo rthat
flag though.
-- Gaby