Re: libstdc++/7926

On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 11:00:49PM -0600, Loren James Rittle wrote:
> >I was/am expecting that generic/atomicity.h would be fixed to use gthr.h's
> >mutexes before 3.2.1 is shipped...
>
> As long as the patch to fix i386 isn't moved to release branch before
> generic/atomicity.h is updated to make correct rather than fast,

Fixing generic/atomicity.h is something that I should have done some time
ago.  Mea dorkus culpa, where does the time go.

I've been making good progress on the other projects that I have to do,
maybe I'll reward myself with some v3 coding this week.  (Something that
doesn't use MILSPECs!  Yay!)

A native solution for i386 would still be nice, if it's actually possible.
I was under the impression that the chip just completely failed to provide
enough support to get this correct, but FreeBSD is obviously doing it.

Phil

                                                 - Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002