This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: Moving patches from head to 3_1-branch
- From: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at unitus dot it>
- To: bkoz <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 13:51:45 +0200
- Subject: Re: Moving patches from head to 3_1-branch
> > in general, when doing so should we keep the same dates,
> > thus minimizing the overall Changelog differences between mainline and
> > branch (as we agreeed to do some time ago)?
> I would prefer this.
Hi Benjamin, hi all,
I have just started moving my stuff (beginning with 6648), but, then I
noticed something in the Changelog which made me think me quite a bit:
2002-05-14 Release Manager
* GCC 3.1 Released.
If we start moving patches predating 3.1 to the branch keeping the
original commit date, wouldn't we end up giving the completely wrong
impression that those fixes are present in 3.1.0 (vs 3.1.1) too??
What do you think?