This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: killing vector::push_back(void)
- From: Nathan Myers <ncm-nospam at cantrip dot org>
- To: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 22:30:44 +0000
- Subject: Re: killing vector::push_back(void)
- References: <20020516181444.A9634@disaster.basement.lan>
On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 06:14:44PM -0400, Phil Edwards wrote:
> We've got some things guarded by _GLIBCPP_DEPRECATED:
> - The basic_streambuf class has a member function called stossc(). I have
> never heard of this before, but it's also in Appendix D.
There's a funny story about that. Jerry says that he always read that
as "ess-to-ess-ess-see", and couldn't figure out what the "ssc" stood
for. He added sbumpc (or was it snextc?) which did more or less the
same thing, because he just didn't think of stossc as doing that.
It was only when somebody finally called it "ess-toss-see" that he
realized what it was about, but by then it was too late.
ncm at cantrip dot org