This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: Anyone got irix5? I have questions about your ctype implementation
- From: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- To: ro at TechFak dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE
- Cc: aoliva at redhat dot com, cgf at redhat dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org, mark at codesourcery dot com
- Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 12:40:31 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Anyone got irix5? I have questions about your ctype implementation
- References: <200205020414.AAA15565@caip.rutgers.edu> <20020503013353.GA2985@redhat.com> <200205031423.KAA13608@caip.rutgers.edu> <yddg019w2mf.fsf@xayide.TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE> <200205032010.QAA10493@caip.rutgers.edu> <email@example.com> <200205060400.AAA21303@caip.rutgers.edu> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <200205061211.IAA02448@caip.rutgers.edu> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <200205090317.XAA22553@caip.rutgers.edu> <15579.56992.597317.898207@xayide.TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
> From: Rainer Orth <ro@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
> Kaveh R. Ghazi writes:
> > Testresults (with f77!) from irix6.2:
> > http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2002-05/msg00322.html
> Mine look considerably worse at the moment:
> This is due to two main problems: I bootstrapped without your
> irix5.2/bits/os_defines.h patch, which accounts for the g++ and
> libstdc++-v3 testsuite failures.
Yes, bit to clean up the libstdc++-v3 resuls as much as mine you also
need a few more patches. I've already installed these on the trunk
and I hope to get these into 3.1.1. If you want to try them out, here
I use this one too. Though its not tied to any testsuite failure I'm
aware of, it's still good preventative medicine:
> I'll probably submit a equivalent patch
> defining CPP_PREDEFINES to fix this for 3.1.1.
Ok, I was going to do this, but if you want to take over that's fine.
The holdup on my end was that I was trying to figure out a way to enable
it for only pre-6.5 irix6. No need to apply the hack on irix6.5 since
that appears to work fine.
> The libjava failures are spurious: most failures seem to be due to
I haven't gotten to java on irix6.2, and I'm not sure I plan to... :-)
Kaveh R. Ghazi Director of Systems Architecture
email@example.com Qwest Global Services