Re: [RFH] Which is the value of __nl_langinfo_l(__CURRENCY_SYMBOL, loc) for xx_XX@euro locales?

Ulrich Drepper wrote:

>???  \244  is of course correct.  I don't know what you expect.  If you
>select a @euro locale the charset of the locale is most of the time
>ISO-8859-15 which has the Euro sign at that position.

Thanks Ulrich (and Martin). I did'nt know myself what to expect, indeed.

In particular, honestly, I did'nt know :-( that the Euro symbol is in
fact \244 in ISO-8859-15...

I will modify the testsuite accordingly.

While we are at it: could you possibly explain to me which is the
rationale behind using the three char EUR as the international monetary
symbol and the Euro standard symbol itself as the local monetary symbol?

Thanks again,