Re: symbol versioning, take 2

I wrote:
> What needs to happen next:  we may need more symbols exported.  We may
> need fewer symbols exported.  About 90% of the script below is guesswork.
> In short, we need the C++ ABI experts to attack it.
[...]
>     __cxa_* ;
>     __gxx_personality_v0 ;
>     __dynamic_cast ;
[...]
>     ## operator new(unsigned)
>     _Znwj ;
>
>     ## operator delete(void*)
>     _ZdlPv ;
>
>     ## operator new[](unsigned)
>     _Znaj ;
>
>     ## operator delete[](void*)
>     _ZdaPv ;

I don't know why this didn't occur to me until now:  one obvious suggestion
would be to version the contents of libsupc++ separately.  At the source
code level they've taken clear steps to provide "C++ ABI version 1" and
it seems like doing the same thing at the linker level would be in line.
A tag like CXXABI_1.0 or something.

(Unless I'm missing something.)

Phil