Re: Thanks!

> ... therefore, I think Ulrich is suggesting that, whenever libc returns NUL, we
> should simply fill grouping() with the empty string literal (""), right?
>
> In this way, everything should be ok.

Thanks Ulrich.

This sounds right. If you could work up a patch/testsuite entry I'd
appreciate it as I'm in the middle of something else right now. I think I
went through all the numpunct/moneypunct parts that use grouping info and
checked for NULL grouping strings, but you might want to double check.

I think there is a little entry on the main locale docs page about this:

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/22_locale/howto.html
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/22_locale/locale.html

See 6, Unresolved issues.

Perhaps that could be updated as well?