This is the mail archive of the
libstdc++@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
New to all of this. Please help.
- From: Rick Hoffman <hoffy at gnc dot net>
- To: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 15:14:47 +0000
- Subject: New to all of this. Please help.
- Reply-to: hoffy at gnc dot net
I apologize for coming here with such a possibly archaic question but I am
truely in a fickle if I want to run this application that I am trying to
install.
Upon install it is right away giving me the following error:
"error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.2.8: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory."
ldd application.bin
libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x4001d000)
libstdc++.so.2.8 => not found
libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0x40021000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x40044000)
/lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x40000000)
I have a symlink /usr/bin/libstdc++.so.3 on my system which is pointing to
/usr/bin/libstdc++.so.3.0.2. I tried creating a symlink ...2.8 and pointed
it to ...3.0.2 but then the error tells me about unresolved symbols. This
application must use 2.8 for some archaic reason.
I am using Debian and have been looking all over the place to try to get
some kind of grasp on how to get this library file onto my system. I have
placed messages in a couple of newsgroups to no avail. I have gotten
nowhere.
Is there anyone here willing to help this poor soul and tell me what I need
to do?
hoffy