This is the mail archive of the libstdc++@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the libstdc++ project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: More instantiation problems under hpux


Dave thanks for the comments and confirmation of analysis.

If a float, double, or long double (you will understand why
I ask this last part when you get the patch) has the value
Inf, will the expression (value > FLT_MAX, DBL_MAX, LDBL_MAX)
(ignore that I will really use the C++ capture of those values
since they have already taken pains to handle the problem
of which C header has the right value, etc)

compute as expected?  Here is one concrete example:

double __d = Inf; // Inf is a place holder for any way to create an Inf

bool __b = (__d > DBL_MAX) || (__d < -DBL_MAX); // Must handle -Inf, which
                                                // is supported by IEEE
                                                // and others (?)

Is __b true for all FP implementations that you know about?

I think I trust ininf, finite, etc better than any one-liner I write.

My current patch uses finitef, if available and finite otherwise.
Does hpux have finitef and/or finite ?


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]