This is the mail archive of the
libstdc++@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: Problem with libstdc++-v3/po Makefile
- From: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- To: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at unitus dot it>
- Cc: Phil Edwards <pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com>, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 11:07:55 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: Problem with libstdc++-v3/po Makefile
> > I threw out a suggestion & pseudocode patch (gcc list, 3 Jan) to turn all
> > in-source builds into separate objdir builds, thus killing this once and
> > for all. Nobody commented.
FWIW, I think it's a good idea.
I also think re-doing the cross-compiler builds so that all the libraries
and headers, binaries are "staged" in the build directory is a good idea.
That's a big job, but I firmly believe it will have to happen at some point.
-benjamin