Re: bad bug in map<>::insert

On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 01:31:21AM +0000, Nathan Myers wrote:
> I have found what seems like a serious bug in the member
> std::map<>::insert(iterator, const value_type&).  Passing a
> hint can cause the map to insert the value in the wrong place,
> silently violating the map's ordering invariant.
[...]
> gcc version 3.0.1

Testcase 23_containers/map_insert.cc checks this, and
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/23_containers/howto.html#4 warns:

    Note that GCC releases prior to 3.0.2 had a bug in the case with
    hint == begin() for the map and set classes.  You should not use a hint
    argument in those releases.

This was fixed three months ago.

Phil