Re: Another libstdc++ build failure on hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20: strtoll and strtoull undeclared

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 12:43:55AM -0500, John David Anglin wrote:
> As far as I can tell, these two functions were not tested for by configure:

Well, they /are/ being tested for; the line numbers below are correct.
The contents of the test program are only dumped into config.log when a
test fails.  These tests are incorrectly succeeding...

> Hmmm.  The configure doesn't link the program.  With C, it isn't an error
> to have an undeclared function.  If you used g++, you would get an error:

...because we're using the wrong language to do the test.

Benjmain, Gaby, anyone?  Did we intentionally choose to use C for this test,
or is it just an oversight?  When I get a chance to do a build today,
I'll try changing this to C++ and if nothing strange breaks (why would
it?) I'll check it in.

Phil