Change default allocator?

Hi!

Is there _any_ way to change the default allocator used by libstdc++
(other than __USE_MALLOC)?
We have finally found the "reason" for the slowdown in our application
and the use of pthread_alloc seems to help alot, therefore we would like
to use this as default and specifically set the default alloc on
globally "shared" variables.

Thanks in advance!

/Stefan

--
Military intelligence is a contradiction in terms.