Re: maintainer tools now needed?

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 10:04:26AM -0700, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
> Hey, how does one go about checking out the 'maintainer-tools' module
> from CVS? I forgot, and it looks like the version of autoconf I'd been
> using is now not up to snuff for AC_GNU_GETTEXT.
>
> I used to have a tarball of maintainer-tools sources around, but I can't
> find it at the moment.

I still have 20000619-maintainer-tools.tar.gz that you put up one time.
It's no longer on the FTP site, apparently.  Should it be?

I occasionally use autoconf 2.50 to generate local versions of configure
and company, and it seems to work.  And I've been playing with Zack
Weinberg's initial set of patches for using AC2.50 (much of the cruft in
GLIBCPP_CONFIGURE goes away, I think).

But there still hasn't been a release of automake/libtool since the
20000619 snapshot.  So I'm still using those.

Phil

--
Would I had phrases that are not known, utterances that are strange, in
new language that has not been used, free from repetition, not an utterance