This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: Stephen Webb's staging headers patch
- To: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Subject: Re: Stephen Webb's staging headers patch
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <Gabriel dot Dos-Reis at cmla dot ens-cachan dot fr>
- Date: 23 Jul 2001 17:30:50 +0200
- Cc: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>, Gabriel Dos Reis <Gabriel dot Dos-Reis at cmla dot ens-cachan dot fr>, Phil Edwards <pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com>, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: CMLA, ENS Cachan -- CNRS UMR 8536 (France)
- References: <200107210314.XAA26716@makai.watson.ibm.com>
David Edelsohn <email@example.com> writes:
| While most of the file is target word-size dependent, most of it
| already seems to be handled by macros like LONG_MAX, etc. The only
| missing piece seems to be that "digits" is not dependent on those values.
| Might I propose that limits_generic.h remain one file but that the
| few remaining pieces which depend on word-size, be made conditional, e.g.
| #if LONG_MAX > 2147483647
is not supposed to pull in macros like LONG_MAX and such.