This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
- To: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot com>
- Subject: Re: -Weffc++
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <Gabriel dot Dos-Reis at cmla dot ens-cachan dot fr>
- Date: 19 Jul 2001 03:17:59 +0200
- Cc: cfox at crystalcherry dot com (Colin Fox), libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: CMLA, ENS Cachan -- CNRS UMR 8536 (France)
- References: <200107182016.NAA07256@atrus.synopsys.com>
Joe Buck <jbuck@synopsys.COM> writes:
| > Unfortunately, when compiling with the standard libraries, we get a ton
| > of warnings.
| This does make the switch much less useful; it would be nice if the
| warning could be suppressed in headers only.
I'm investigating, why it isn't already the case.
| > Are you guys interested in getting rid of these warnings? According to
| > the Effective C++ book, a number of them could signify actual problems
| > (at least as far as I understand).
| It might be worth seeing if any of these warnings have any validity
| (that is, whether the code in question could be improved).
The last time, I looked at it, I didn't get anything really instructive.